The Tune-a-Fish Special is the simplest instrument I make, and I turn them out in small batches so there is always one or two available. $40 gets you all set up with a bottle neck slide, pick, and canjo ready for pickin’ on the porch.
- 4 x 2 inch can
- scale length 520 mm, 20 1/2 in.
- head to tail 640 mm, 25 1/4 in.
- tuning: FC, GC, or G#C but there are lots of possible cominations
- the strings are wire uncoiled from a twisted steel cable, unknown gauge
- pine or fir neck stick, from recovered used lumber
- maple “bridge” block and nut.
- friction tuning pegs
If you’re interested, send me a message.