Time to branch out a bit from exclusively steel strings on concert scale ukuleles. This little Tindeco oval was aching to be an instrument but it’s size kept me away. After the requests and suggestions that I use nylon strings for a more familiar feel, I figured a li’l sorpano uke with nylon strings would fit this tin nicely. Some day soon I’ll turn out a baritone ukulele too. Meanwhile, some specs for flying iris…
- tin: 215 x 145 x 45 mm, 8 1/2 x 5 5/8 x 1 3/4 in.
- scale length: 330 mm, 12 3/4 in.
- head to tail: 510 mm, 20 in.
- G .020, C .032, E .030, A .022 Nylon
- maple neck
- teak fret board
- sterling fork string anchor
- silk neck tie strap
Flying iris is a swell little gal with a nice voice and easy on the fingers to boot! All for $260. Drop me a line if you are interested.